Spanish Heritage - end Barcelona, Small Group, 2021
Spanish Heritage – End Barcelona, Small Group, 2021
Asturians drink cider, not sangria! Transcend stereotypical Spain on this in–depth exploration of one of Europe’s most diverse countries. The nation’s reputation for gastronomic excellence and amazing art will be well justified here.
- Valencia: Learn the authentic recipe of paella when you join a local chef for a Cooking Demonstration. Savour the flavours of this classic dish for dinner, washed down with a glass of Sangria, during your Highlight Dinner.
- Gijon: Meet Flor, a local of Gijon, for a delicious meal of locally-sourced produce that she has prepared just for you.
- Barcelona: At a typical Catalan restaurant, savour a delicious Celebration Dinner that incorporates classic cooking with the freshest produce.
- Dining Summary: 18 Breakfast (B), 6 Dinner with Wine (DW), 1 Lunch with Wine (LW)
- Seville: Choose between a visit to the cathedral and a walk through the old Jewish quarter with a Local Expert or alternatively, join a panoramic tour of the city and stop in the Santa Cruz area for a refreshing beverage.
- Santiago de Compostela: Choose between joining a city tour with a Local Expert and visit Praza do Obradoiro to admire the cathedral facade festooned with architectural frills or alternatively, embark on a scenic walk on the Way of St James, through parks and gardens that transform with the seasons.
- Granada: Join a Local Expert for a much anticipated and insightful tour of the remarkable Generalife Gardens and the Winter Palace at Alhambra.
- Madrid: Witness the world’s finest collection of Spanish paintings, plus an impressive foreign collection, as you tour the Prado Museum with an art historian.
Make Travel Matter
- Seville: The Cristina Heeren Foundation aims to promote the teaching and conservation of flamenco and is a beneficiary of a TreadRight Foundation grant. Meet the students of the foundation, learn some basic flamenco steps, and then feel the passion as the students perform an emotional show.
Top Rated Highlights
- Scenic Drives: Relax and enjoy the views as your travel along Costa Dorada, Ebro Delta, Costa Blanca, through Sierra Nevada, Andalucía, the Guadalquivir Valley and across the Plains of La Mancha. Experience the gorgeously green beauty of Spain’s northern coast as you drive through Asturias and witness colourful fishing towns on the coast. You’ll enjoy some of Spain’s best scenery as you travel through the Rueda wine region, through Picos de Europa, along Costa Vasca and Costa de Cantabria and through the La Rioja region.
- Barcelona: Explore the heart of the Gothic Quarter with your Local Expert. See the cathedral, walk through the Roman gate and tour the narrow lanes and old squares. You will also enjoy a drive down Las Ramblas and the elegant Passeig de Grcia to witness some of the finest Modernist architecture. Journey through the Eixample district to see Gaudi’s extraordinary masterpiece, the mesmerising Sagrada Família.
- Peniscola: See the castle featured in the film ‘El Cid’.
- Valencia: See the ultra-modern Centre of Arts and Sciences and the huge gates of the old town, Torres de Serranos and Torres de Quart.
- Cordoba: Explore the incredible Mezquita with your Local Expert. Admire the forest of horseshoe arches and learn how this building symbolises many of Cordoba’s religious changes over the centuries.
- Madrid: See the highlights of the city with your Local Expert. Visit the Old Town, travelling along the elegant Paseo de la Castellana, past the fountain in the Plaza de Cibeles, the Cervantes Monument and Royal Palace, before crossing the Puerta del Sol.
- Oviedo: Led by your Local Expert, see 1,000-year-old wall paintings in some of Europe’s oldest churches. Admire the incredible altarpiece, one of the finest in Europe, when you visit the Cathedral of the Holy Saviour.
- Picos de Europa: Venture into this magnificent national park to admire the stunning picturesque scenery and rocky trails.
- Santillana del Mar: Step back in time when you visit this perfectly preserved and ‘most beautiful village in Spain.’
- Bilbao: See the spectacular modern Guggenheim Museum designed by Frank Gehry and sites of this Basque region gem during your orientation with your Travel Director.
- San Sebastian: Ascend Monte Igueldo to marvel at the views of the town and La Concha Bay.
- Getaria: See the rock known as El Ratón or the mouse.
- Pamplona: Spend free time exploring this city, known for its annual Running with the Bulls festival.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, …
Welcome to Barcelona
Barcelona, the City of Gaudí
Along the coast to Valencia
Exquisite Granada and Alhambra
A scenic drive to Seville
Seville, the City of Carmen
Madrid of the Bourbons
Free time in Madrid
Through Rueda to Santiago
Santiago de Compostela
The Costa Verde to Oviedo
Bilbao and San Sebastián
The Cantabrian Coast
Pamplona and on to Barcelona
Barcelona at leisure